The end of another week! It’s always nice to see it. While you watch your office clock tick slowly toward Drinks O’Clock, please enjoy:
– So, this is exciting. Heather and I were very briefly in Chicago this week to judge an episode of So You Wanna Be A Designer, a web-series filmed at the Kenmore Live studios, and Kenmore gave us a sewing machine to give away to one of y’all. The contest is on our Facebook page, and it’s going through Monday, so check it out if you’re interested!
– Also: our novel, Spoiled, comes out in less than a month. Kirkus Reviews just called it “obsessively readable, smartly subversive,” and we are obviously freaking out. We have a lot of exciting stuff coming up surrounding it in the coming weeks, so please keep your eyes open! We’re also beginning to set dates for a few signings/readings/etc, so hopefully we will get to meet you guys soon, which is long overdue.
– And now onto the rest of the interwebs: WILLS AND KATE ARE COMING TO LOS ANGELES. I hope I run into them at the Grove. (Lainey)
– Karl Lagerfeld made a life-size chocolate statute of a man. Holding an ice cream bar. Obviously. (The Cut)
– ARE YOU WEARING PANTS? This flowchart will help you decide. (Huffington Post)
– Nick and Mariah’s names for their twins have made me happier than I ever thought possible. (Celebitchy)
– You KNOW I love a gift guide. Flavorwire has one for Mother’s Day! (Flavorwire)
– I can’t tell you how funny I think it is that the Smithsonian is doing a poll to determine who had the best Civil War facial hair. I voted for John McAllister Schofield. THAT is a BEARD. (Smithsonian)
– YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS. It’s an old MTV News report on the I Hate Brenda newsletter of days of yore and it’s the most 90s thing you will EVER EVER see. I don’t want to say anymore and spoil it, but you WILL DIE. (Vulture)
– Speaking of Brenda, I love Design*Sponge’s “Living In” series, and “Living In Heathers” is particularly awesome. (Design*Sponge)
– You totally want these tiny McQueen hoof shoes. So cute on your desk! (Refinery29)