And here it is: Our last post before the holiday break. For me, that means spiking my hot chocolate with kahlua — or rather, spiking my kahlua with a little bit of hot chocolate — and preparing our traditional Christmas Eve feast of bangers and mash, eaten by the fireplace while watching Blackadder’s Christmas Carol. I CAN’T WAIT. Because this time of year turns me into an 11-year old. I am totally leaving out milk and cookies for Santa even though — SPOILER, children, LOOK AWAY — I am going to be eating them myself.
– Gawker wonders, who is the hipster of the decade? HOW TO CHOOSE JUST ONE? [Gawker]
– Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell all released statements about the experience of stepping into Heath Ledger’s shoes to finish his last film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Unsurprisingly, they slobber all over Terry Gilliam, but once you get past that, their words about Heath are really touching in their eloquence, and remind us all of a talent lost too soon. [LaineyGossip]
– Two intrepid New York staffers test-drive the Louis Vuitton bunny ears. Yes, you read that right. [The Cut]
– EW wants you to help them select the dress of the decade. And before you comment, remember that Bjork’s swan dress? TOTALLY eligible. [EW.com]
– Demi Moore’s lawyer is hopping mad. The photographer that claims Demi’s W cover was airbrished got sent a letter that claims defamation. Celebitchy overlays the cover photo with the runway image that’s caused the brouhaha, along with a statement from the photographer. Drama! [Celebitchy]
– And finally, what better way to celebrate the holidays than by zapping someone with a cattle prod?